13 August 2018

A pen for the big hand, Pilot Dr. Grip.

I was recently asked to recommend a pen for user with big hand.

I know that there are many pens out there which are suitable, but the one that came into my mind is the Pilot Dr. Grip.

I have been using this pen on-&-off for the past 2 years, but I personally find this pen very comfortable to write with, especially with prolong writing.


I don't see many people using this pen, partly because the price is pretty steep for a ballpoint pen, and also, there is no way one can try the pen because it is nicely packed when display on the shelf. It took me a long while before I decided to purchase this pen (considering the price and the lack of testing). Beside the price consideration, there are so many colour choices, but it is really hard to choose.

In the end, I got the full black edition. I really want to find out how good is this pen, and what is it so special about it. Seriously,  I did not regret buying this pen.




Firstly, the pen is fat, which makes the gripping much comfortable compare to most of the slimmer pens.

Secondly, it is lighter than it looks. Of course, I would have expect it to tired out the wrist after prolong writing, but I was wrong.



Thirdly, the technology of the ink refill (BRFN-10 EF/F/M) makes it smooth to write with. On top of that, the water-resistant properties of ballpoint ink allows me to sketch and watercolour over it. The bonus about this ink refill is that it is so much cheaper compare to many ink refills.



The ink refill comes in various nib sizes, EF (extra fine), F (fine) or M (medium).
I got the F nib when I purchased the pen, but I went ahead to get the EF nib for my sketching.



If you love ballpoint pens, and have yet try the Pilot Dr. Grip, I will encourage you to get one.
Pricey? Not so because I am sure this pen will last for a long time.

Reviews about this Pilot Dr. Grip that you might want to check out:
- Pen Addict
- The Gentleman Stationer
- Good Housekeeping

No comments:

Post a Comment